Every week the GIF Squad tries to feature a person who we feel contributes to the Salesforce community #Ohana . This week the spotlight lands on Doug Ayers! Be sure to check out Doug’s contact information at the bottom of this post.
Title and Company
Senior Developer at GearsCRM
- Salesforce Certified Force.com Developer (June 12, 2015)
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder (August 17, 2015)
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I (August 21, 2015)
- Salesforce Certified Integration Architecture Designer (April 5, 2016)
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle & Deployment Designer (April 8, 2016)
- Salesforce Certified Identity and Access Management Designer (June 17, 2016)
- Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer (June 17, 2016)
- Salesforce Certified Mobile Solutions Architecture Designer (June 24, 2016)
- Salesforce Certified System Architect (February 1, 2017)
- Salesforce Certified Data Architecture & Management Designer (February 10, 2017)
- Salesforce Certified Application Architect (February 10, 2017)
- Salesforce Certified Administrator (February 10, 2017)
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II (April 28, 2017)
Currently at 29 (and counting!)
Are you a UserGroup Leader?
Yes, I have privilege of co-leading the Nashville Salesforce Admins & Developers Groups with Chris Kelley and Mark Morrison
Favorite Salesforce Feature
Just one? Honestly, it’s the Platform. Having built fullstack web apps for many years, developing on Salesforce with clicks or code is so fast, scalable, adaptable, and enjoyable. I simply love designing and implementing automation and logic on the platform! Invocable Apex for Process Builder and Flow is one of my favorite clicks+code combinations.
Salesforce’s Biggest Opportunity for Improvement
Quick Create in Classic; bypasses validation rules and not really customizable. Lookup fields in Lightning Experience are much more awesome-er =)
Salesforce Goal(s) for 2017
Attend Dreamforce to connect with as many of the Salesforce #Ohana and my role models as possible. For 2018 I’d like to attend Destination Success and participate in Technical Architect mock review board.
5 Fun Facts about Doug
- Ironically, my first job out of college was to migrate a company from Salesforce to an in-house CRM.
- I was a beta tester for the Data Integration Specialist Superbadge for Trailhead.
- Most of my blog posts and open source projects draw inspiration from community questions on Twitter #askforce or Success Community.
- My guilty pleasure is Strawberry-Banana milkshakes. Yum!
- I agree with Bryan James, out of all the vehicles I have owned my favorite is my Chrysler Town and Country Minivan. Minivan enthusiasts unite!
Most Identifies With Which Salesforce Mascot
I’d like to say warm, fuzzy, fun-loving Astro. My wife would say I’m more like a grumpy, stubborn goat 😉
Be sure to connect with Doug on: