Every week the GIF Squad features a person who we feel contributes to the Salesforce community #Ohana . This week’s spotlight lands on Lori Witzel! Be sure to check out Lori’s contact information at the bottom of this post.
Title and Company
Senior Product Marketing Manager, Spanning Cloud Apps
Are you a User Group Leader?
I’m the former San Antonio, TX UG Leader
I wish! Alas, I got the Gandalf result – “YOU SHALL NOT PASS”
Favorite Salesforce Feature
Reporting – because it’s a fantastic way for a PMM (me) to learn about our customers right from our own data! (Second fave isn’t really a feature – but I luv our #Ohana.)
Salesforce’s Biggest Opportunity for Improvement
The Export Service – I’ve heard from too many admins that it’s not workable for backup that enables restore (takes too much time, “needle in a haystack” searches for data)… It also gives too many admins a false sense of security that they’re going to be able to respond quickly if significant amounts of data are lost. (I’m proud to work for an AppExchange ISV partner, Spanning, that provides a better way to backup and restore.)
Salesforce Goal(s) for 2017
- Exceed 600 Salesforce Selfie Community Survey Responders so we can max out our donation to Project Night Night – and find more ways to give back.
- Get Admin certified, daggnabit.
5 Fun Facts about Lori
- I played a very crazy woman in Rick Linklater’s first movie, “Slacker.”
- I have a graduate degree in art history / cultural studies, and have presented papers at local, regional, and international medieval conferences (OMG!)
- I’ve completed a marathon (very slowly) and have completed a decathlon (except for the pole vault – I couldn’t get up over even a very low bar, so they marked me at zero for that.)
- I competed in a powerlifting meet (OMGOMG!)
- I write poetry and take a lot of photos of rusty things, and you can see my “other world” HERE.
Most Identifies With Which Salesforce Mascot
Appy – not only because she knows all things about the AppExchange, where my company’s app lives…but because she’s a connector, and I love connecting people to each other, and to good resources.
Be sure to connect with Lori on: