Every week the GIF Squad tries to feature a person who we feel contributes to the Salesforce community #Ohana . This week the spotlight lands on Stephanie Gaughen! Be sure to check out Stephanie’s contact information at the bottom of this post.
Title and Company
Senior Consultant, Nuvem Consulting
- Salesforce Certified Pardot Consultant
Are you a User Group Leader?
Yes! Omaha Women in Tech
Favorite Salesforce Feature
Open API and ability to integrate with almost anything. As a marketer, we are in control of the business much more than we think or have historically been given responsibility for. With Salesforce, I have the ability to peek into everything going on in the organization to better understand my prospects and customers, and their experience with us. It’s a complete game changer, and businesses that are unifying their systems, data, processes, and teams with Salesforce have a unique advantage.
Salesforce’s Biggest Opportunity for Improvement
I don’t feel like the standard Salesforce object structure supports the goals companies have towards lifecycle marketing. I have a lot of clients with a rational use case to combine Leads and Contacts in list views and reports. I also have clients who need Contact Queues. Customers no longer follow a linear process, which is how Salesforce is built. They are constantly going through a cycle of nurturing, selling, re-marketing, up-selling, cross-selling, and more. It’s difficult for Sales and Marketing to keep up on where people are at.
Salesforce Goal(s) for 2017
To become certified admin and to present at a regional event.
5 Fun Facts about Stephanie
- Plan A out of college was to be a political speechwriter. I stumbled on Salesforce during what became Plan E.
- I spent several years chasing railroaders across the U.S. as a contractor in corporate communications for CSX, UP and BNSF. I know a lot about railroads. That was Plan C.
- Plan D was returning to school to get a Master of Marketing & Communication degree (Plan B was a short stint as a newspaper editor)
- I love spending summers on the lakes in rural Nebraska
- I’m a mom to two little boys!
Most Identifies With Which Salesforce Mascot
Astro because he’s a customer trailblazer!
Be sure to connect with Stephanie on: