Every week the GIF Squad tries to feature a person we feel contributes to the Salesforce community #Ohana. Check out who is in the spotlight this week and be sure to connect further using the links at the bottom of this post!
Title and Current Employer
Practice Lead, Spark.Orange
- Salesforce Certified Administrator October 30, 2015
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant April 28, 2016
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder March 2, 2018
Currently at 67 badges and counting!
Salesforce Community Group Leader?
Yes! I cofounded the Pittsburgh NonProfit User Group when I was the Director of a foundation at UPMC in Pittsburgh. I’m really proud of that group as we come up on our 3rd anniversary; we’ve had 30 events over the last 3 years, helped a lot of nonprofit admins along the way while also finding cool projects for PGH GiveCamp & helping about 10 people transition to full-time Salesforce careers.
Favorite Salesforce Feature
Right now I really love using Quick Actions w/ the Related Records Lightning Component. Creating conditional tabs & components with fields from the record is a really cool way to tailor user experiences without having to maintain several record types, page layouts, profiles, etc.
Salesforce’s Biggest Opportunity for Improvement
The Salesforce Talent Gap is getting worse instead of better. I wrote about it in detail here (https://theaccidentaladmins.com/the-salesforce-talent-gap) but in short; SF is growing rapidly in their push to $20B in revenue and in that growth there is a need for Salesforce to lead in developing the talent needed to support that customer volume. The lack of talent is great for us in the short term for projects, salaries, etc; but without taking steps to today to grow talent, I worry it could be an anchor on momentum for the industry in the near future.
Fun Facts about me:
- I’m 34 & have had the following jobs (usually more than one at a time): Landscaping, carnie, state park ticket taker, grocery bagger, hotel event staff, dorm info desk attendant, fundraising campaign caller, housing demolition crew, Dover Downs track concessions supervisor, Jake’s burger flipper, newspaper layout & pagination , CTP (computer to press) Operator, Substance Abuse Counselor (in-prison), Community Corrections counselor (probation), UW Campaign Associate, Clinical Supervisor, Therapeutic Support Staff, non-profit Program Manager, non-profit Director, State Rep Campaign Manager, SF Consultant, and now SF Practice Lead.
- I listen to a lot of music while working & theme my days. The last four days I’ve done the Salsa Nation Spotify list, Miles & Coltrane, 90’s Rap , and Americana (J.Roddy/Shakey Graves/Marcus King).
- My son is 3 & 1/2 and has been to 90+ Pittsburgh Pirates games. He also insists on playing baseball in our foyer, refers to the Pirates first basement, Josh Bell, as ‘Mr. DingDong’, and cries if the one of the Pierogies in the mascot race at games does not give him a high five.
- I’m a speed reader. I recently read a 7 book series in 10 days.
- I’ve made it a personal goal to stay in the top 15 in the Answer community for at least a year. 4 months to go!
Most Identifies With This Salesforce Mascot:
I’m a big fan of Codey, I like to think the creators were being punny with the name (Kodiak bear + Coding = Codey right?) plus my son Mathias likes him the most.
Connect with me:
Would you like to be featured in an upcoming post? Fill out this form! Thanks!